PHOSPHATE MINUS – filtration media
PHOSPHATE MINUS – efficient media for fluidization filters for reduction of phosphates & silicates
Too much food and supplements may be the cause of too high phosphate levels. Due to the unique technology Phosphate Minus effectively reduces phosphate and silicate levels in marine aquariums . Its adsorbing capabilities allow bonding large amounts of phosphate without negative influence on the aquarium inhabitants. Phosphate Minus is highly recommended both in new and in matured aquariums .
In freshly set aquariums it prevents occurring high phosphate levels and in matured aquariums it reduces PO4 levels and stabilizes water chemistry .
Due to maintaining the biological balance in the tank, it prevents the formation of undesirable green algae and the development of cyanobacteria .
- 25-100 ml per 100 l (27 US gal) of water
- Phosphate Minus should be placed in media reactors with suggested water flow of at least 400 l/h
- Its also suitable for a passive use in filter socks
- Phosphate Minus should be replaced every 4 weeks or during significant rise of phosphate levels in the water.
- Shortly after placing in a filtration system, the product may slightly colour water
Although, Phosphate Minus should not be rinsed before use, brown dust is an active phosphate remover and is completely harmless for the aquatic life . Brown colouration of water will disappear after a short time. Rinsing the product in a RODI water will lower its efficiency.
What is great about this product?
- Restores chemical balance
- Prevents algae & cyanobacteria development
- Safe for tank inhabitants
- Perfect for new & matured aquariums
Good to know…
- Overdosed Phosphate Minus wont work efficiently
- Inefficient filtration may be the reason of high phosphate levels
- A violent drop of nitrate and phosphate levels can destroy zooxanthellae and lead to corals death
- Satisfactory levels for fish only aquarium: PO4 0,00-0,03 mg/l
- Satisfactory levels for reef aquarium : PO4 0-0,02 mg/l