Ultra-porous Biological Media with Superior Performance Characteristics
- Utilizes NanoIntelex Technology to create an enhanced material with vast surface area for colonization by beneficial nitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and efficient conversion of ammonia into nitrite and nitrate.
- The highest colonizable surface area to volume ratio of synthetic biological filtration media available.
- Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent nitrification.
- May be employed to rapidly decrease ammonia and nitrite concentrations in even the most heavily-stocked aquatic systems.
- May be used in conjunction with Xport NO3 Cubes and Xport PO4 Cubes
250ml | 500ml | 1,000ml
Read all instructions before use. The use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from water prior to its interaction with this media will improve efficiency. Rinse Xport-BIO in purified water or low-TDS fresh water, then place media into a clean pail and fill with water from the aquarium into which the media is to be placed. Seed each 150g of Xport Bio Cubes used with 20-ml of MicroBacter7 (poured into the pail and dispersed by hand), then allow media to remain in this “bath” for 24-hours at room temperature. Remove Xport Bio Cubes from pail and pour water into the aquarium system, then place Xport Bio Cubes into canister filter, media reactor, or 800µm mesh filter bag; a flow-through rate of 1 – 3x the total aquarium volume per hour is recommended. Do not fluidize. Remove and rinse ~33% of the total Xport Bio Cubes employed in a pail of discarded aquarium water (when performing a water change) once or twice each month, and place media back into use. Apply 1-ml of MicroBacter7 per 20 US-gallons (~76 L) in system to aquarium in an area of high water flow to fortify media after rinsing.