Maintaining low nutrient levels is key to a healthy and algae-free marine aquarium. Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control.
The GRO Macroalgae light is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. The GRO uses all its power to emit light in two specific wavelengths that are optimized for macroalgae growth – 455-460nm and 620-670nm. This combined with its rectangular shape mean that the right light goes right where you need it – and minimizes nuisance algae growth in other areas of your sump due to light spillage.
The GRO Macroalgae light plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone. To be used as a standalone, a power adapter is required.
- Dimensions: 8.7″ x 6.1″ x 1.4″ (light panel itself less than 1″ high)
- Compact LED grow light with 84 LEDs in four colors
- IP64 water resistant
- Two focused wavelength bands (455-460nm and 620-670nm)
- Covers a refugium area up to 18”x24”
- Operates standalone with the purchase of an optionally available power supply.
- Mounts using the optionally available, flexible gooseneck, with one of two clamp styles