PARwise enables you to make the right decisions about your lighting settings, be it brightness, colour (spectrum) or photoperiod.
Perfect growth rates need three things: the right wavelengths, the right light intensity and both for the right time. Light changes with depth and clarity, as do the needs of plants and animals. Unfortunately, the human eye is not very good at understanding lighting conditions and colours. PARwise is an easy-to-use light meter that gives you a deep understanding of your lighting and helps you set it perfectly.
- PARwise is a unique light meter with the ability to measure the spectrum. It can be used underwater and also has a special mode for measurements in the air. It gives you all the relevant lighting measurements needed to make informed decisions about your light settings and photoperiod.
- PARwise measures ‘PAR’ (PPFD – Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density μMol/m2/S, Kelvin (colour temperature), LUX, Spectrum, DLI (Daily Light Integral), Peak Wavelength, Hue (as colour).
- PARwise uses ITC’s proprietary, internally manufactured and designed optical engine, located under a user-replaceable cosine corrector, to uniformly ‘read’ the spectral content and amount of light hitting it. ITC then determines the results on board in PARwise and sends them to your device via USB for display. The web-based app automatically downloads to your device (Windows, macOS, Android) when you first use it to give you full offline use. Includes a free USB-C adapter for Android smartphones, tablets and modern computers (Mac / PC) that don’t have a full-size USB port. Connects to most things, but unfortunately will not connect to an iOS device.
- Visit the PARwise website online for the first time in a Google Chrome-based web browser and simply place the sensor next to your photosynthetic organism such as a coral or plant and then take a reading. Use the pause button on the screen to capture the reading in that position, note it down and reference your spectrum with a known spectral response curve or other light settings you want to copy or adjust. Use DLI to adjust your day length up or down to bring the same amount of light energy into the system in 24 hours. You can find examples in the LEARN section on ITC’s website.
- You only need to be online once to download the handy web app into your Chrome-based browser. No app installation or user account required.
More information here: