AQUAGROWTHSOILhas been selected by Prodibio among numerous mineral compositions. Its balanced formula will allow healthy plant growth
and strong root development. AQUAGROWTHSOIL is ready to use and does not need to be rinsed. A high temperature treatment (around
1200°C; 2192°F) gives AQUAGROWTHSOIL its physical properties and allows it to be free of parasitic species which could contaminate the
aquarium. Each granule of AQUAGROWTHSOIL, with a size of 1 to 3mm, is compact enough not to turn into powder, while allowing plants to
grow their roots properly. Moreover, AQUAGROWTHSOIL is porous enough to allow nitrifying bacteria to properly colonize the substrate and
improve water quality.
How to use AQUAGROWTH SOIL ?
AQUAGROWTH SOIL is ready to use. It is not necessary to rinse it. A 9 liter/Kg (2.25 Gal/317.46 Oz.) bag is suitable for a 60 liter (15 Gal) aquarium. This will allow plants to grow their roots in a soil thickness of 5 to 6 cm (2 to 2.4 inches). Using 150g (5.29 Oz.) of soil per liter (0.25 Gal) will grant the aquarium the best soil quantity needed.
1. a). Pour a height of approximately 1 cm (0.4 inch) high of dechlorinated water in the aquarium.. b). Optional: if the substrate additive BACTERKIT SOIL from Prodibio is used, mix in the water.
2. a). Add the quantity of AQUAGROWTH SOIL needed directly in 1 cm (0.4 inch) of water. Due to its porosity, AQUAGROWTH SOIL will entirely absorb this quantity of water. Install the aquatic layout as wished. It is advised to create elevation from the back to the front of the aquarium. b). Optional: If the aquarium is going to host shrimps, lay the AQUASHRIMP POWDER on top of the AQUAGROWTH SOIL. The powder texture of AQUASHRIMP POWDER will allow shrimps to lay their eggs and to keep them at the surface of the substrat. Otherwise they may fall in between granules of AQUAGROWTH SOIL and young shrimps will encounter difficulties to climb and reach the substrate surface.
3. Add the main decoration elements (stones, aquatic wood, etc ) and install the aquatic layout as desired.
4. Add more water gently to avoid creating holes in the substrate, and breaking the aquarium design until the soil surface has been covered in water.
5. Add plants and continue to set up the aquarium decoration until everything looks as desired.
6. Gently fill up the aquarium with more dechlorinated water. Floating of soil fragments may occur, remove them if this happens. Water may become cloudy once the aquarium has been fully filled. Cloudiness will naturally disappear after a few hours or especially when the filtration system has been running. If cloudiness remains, drain part of the water and refill the aquarium with clean dechlorinated water.
7. Start up the aquarium and safely introduce fish and shrimps after using Prodibios water treatment range for fresh water aquariums. CHLORAL RESET will remove chlorine and chloramine from tap water, START UP will kick start the nitrogen cycle before introducing fish or shrimps, regular addition of BIOCLEAN FRESH will maintain the water quality, BIOVERT will fertilize plants (shrimp safe) and BIOKIT FRESH combines BIOCLEAN FRESH and BIOVERT in one box.